Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Transform data

Hi all,

I hope you can help me. See attached two images. The image "Projects lists" is a list of projects from an API (first page). Now, for each project/row, the last column provides another API to drill through each project. The resulting drill for the selected project is the "Project" image. The project has a mix of data/list/record.

Ideally, I should have just one table (Projects-all) extracing all info from each API ("Project") provided in each page and row from "Project list". First column of "Project" should be the columns for "Projects-all", and the second "Projects" column should be the rows for each project/row. For this I would need to:

• Read how many pages my data source has (I queried the first page, but doesn't provide how many pages)
  • For each page call the API of each project/row
  • For each API project transform different types of data.
  • Merge results into one single table. This would be the fact table (Projects-all).
Do you know how to do this? Do you know of any web source where I can learn how to do this? I googled "different data transformation" scenarios and read several posts on this forum, but nothing. 

Thanks

Projects list.pngProject.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can add a custom column to each rows of query 1, which call api for each id, then expand the new column to columns, then the result can merge into one table. If you want to count the pages number, we can do it with dax code.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can add a custom column to each rows of query 1, which call api for each id, then expand the new column to columns, then the result can merge into one table. If you want to count the pages number, we can do it with dax code.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.