Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Transform a multiple value column into 1 single column that can filter the whole page

Greeting all 

i have this column named NP 

NP pic.PNG

My client want to create a filter based on this column but using single value only 

My filtre will be represented this way 

Capture.PNG

i followed this link : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Filter-for-One-Value-in-A-Multiple-Valued-Column/td-...  but this solution dont filter the whole page ! i have measures in my page that's why 

is it possible technically ? 

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You might try this workaround:

Use the custom visual: Text Filter instead of the slicer (That any text contains the filter values will be displayed)

01.PNG02.PNG

Please let me know if it works for you.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You might try this workaround:

Use the custom visual: Text Filter instead of the slicer (That any text contains the filter values will be displayed)

01.PNG02.PNG

Please let me know if it works for you.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You can unpivot this in PowerQuery and then your dataset is perfectly good for your usecase.

In PowerQuery, I've created the following table:

image.png

Select column2 and Split Column (by delimiter, using comma), resulting in the following:

image.png

Select the last three columns and hit Unpivot Columns which results in this:

image.png

Using this dataset should work in your use case and your measure would still work as well. Let me know if this works for you!

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank for your reply Djeroo , well that could cause problem for me since  there will be a dublication of lines  ....But i come up with idea using ur trick and i wanna share it with you if u could give me a hint : 

i split the column into 3 columns as u can see in the picture below : 

Capture.PNG

Now my table contain these 3 columns . Djerro do u think i can create an NP filter now and i compare it with the 3 column ? 

Hi @Anonymous ,

You opened a new topic on this issue HERE.

What I was going to answer here was that you will need to unpivot. I understand it is difficult and you need to rethink your datamodel design, but since you are working with Measures it should be possible but you'll need to change the measures you have. On the other hand, what you absolutely can do is this:

In your original query, add an INDEX column. (Power Query Editor, Add Column ribbon, Index Column. Then duplicate the query and do the trick I showed you in this topic (creating the three columns). Then unpivot and remove all columns except the Index column and the Value column (with all possible values). Then create a relationship between your original Query index column and the new query index column.Then use the the second query in your slicer and that should filter your original table (and keep your measures intact). 

Let me know if it works!

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.