Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gutovix
Frequent Visitor

Transform Quarter Acumlated Values in Month Values

Hi Guys, i have some quarter acumlated values in my table, and i need to see these values in month view!

This is the acumulated values that i have:

Tab1.PNG

And this is the result that i need... just one column with the non acumulated valuesTab2.PNG

Doesn't matter if it´ll be with DAX or M... just need this!

Someone help me???

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Hey, I tried it and I hope it will work for you:

- Add new column for ranking the data

Rank = RANKX(Filter(Table1, Table1[Category] = EARLIER(Table1[Category])), Table1[Date],,ASC,Dense)

- Add measure to get the value

Cummulative Total Unwind = 
var getPreviousRowRank = FIRSTNONBLANK(Table1[Rank],1) - 1
var getCurrentCategory = MAX(Table1[Category])
var getCurrentRowValue = MAX(Table1[Value])
var getPreviousRowValue = CALCULATE(MAX(Table1[Value]), Filter(ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Category] = getCurrentCategory && Table1[Rank] = getPreviousRowRank))
return if(getPreviousRowValue = BLANK(), getCurrentRowValue, getCurrentRowValue - getPreviousRowValue)

Drop a table visual and add following to value:

- Date

- Category

- Cummulative Total Unwind (new measure)

And I guess you will get the data you are looking for

PS - Replace table name with your table name in DAX and also replace category with Cod and Value with Valor

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Hey, I tried it and I hope it will work for you:

- Add new column for ranking the data

Rank = RANKX(Filter(Table1, Table1[Category] = EARLIER(Table1[Category])), Table1[Date],,ASC,Dense)

- Add measure to get the value

Cummulative Total Unwind = 
var getPreviousRowRank = FIRSTNONBLANK(Table1[Rank],1) - 1
var getCurrentCategory = MAX(Table1[Category])
var getCurrentRowValue = MAX(Table1[Value])
var getPreviousRowValue = CALCULATE(MAX(Table1[Value]), Filter(ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Category] = getCurrentCategory && Table1[Rank] = getPreviousRowRank))
return if(getPreviousRowValue = BLANK(), getCurrentRowValue, getCurrentRowValue - getPreviousRowValue)

Drop a table visual and add following to value:

- Date

- Category

- Cummulative Total Unwind (new measure)

And I guess you will get the data you are looking for

PS - Replace table name with your table name in DAX and also replace category with Cod and Value with Valor

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.