Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gutovix
Frequent Visitor

Transform Quarter Acumlated Values in Month Values

Hi Guys, i have some quarter acumlated values in my table, and i need to see these values in month view!

This is the acumulated values that i have:

Tab1.PNG

And this is the result that i need... just one column with the non acumulated valuesTab2.PNG

Doesn't matter if it´ll be with DAX or M... just need this!

Someone help me???

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Hey, I tried it and I hope it will work for you:

- Add new column for ranking the data

Rank = RANKX(Filter(Table1, Table1[Category] = EARLIER(Table1[Category])), Table1[Date],,ASC,Dense)

- Add measure to get the value

Cummulative Total Unwind = 
var getPreviousRowRank = FIRSTNONBLANK(Table1[Rank],1) - 1
var getCurrentCategory = MAX(Table1[Category])
var getCurrentRowValue = MAX(Table1[Value])
var getPreviousRowValue = CALCULATE(MAX(Table1[Value]), Filter(ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Category] = getCurrentCategory && Table1[Rank] = getPreviousRowRank))
return if(getPreviousRowValue = BLANK(), getCurrentRowValue, getCurrentRowValue - getPreviousRowValue)

Drop a table visual and add following to value:

- Date

- Category

- Cummulative Total Unwind (new measure)

And I guess you will get the data you are looking for

PS - Replace table name with your table name in DAX and also replace category with Cod and Value with Valor

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Hey, I tried it and I hope it will work for you:

- Add new column for ranking the data

Rank = RANKX(Filter(Table1, Table1[Category] = EARLIER(Table1[Category])), Table1[Date],,ASC,Dense)

- Add measure to get the value

Cummulative Total Unwind = 
var getPreviousRowRank = FIRSTNONBLANK(Table1[Rank],1) - 1
var getCurrentCategory = MAX(Table1[Category])
var getCurrentRowValue = MAX(Table1[Value])
var getPreviousRowValue = CALCULATE(MAX(Table1[Value]), Filter(ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Category] = getCurrentCategory && Table1[Rank] = getPreviousRowRank))
return if(getPreviousRowValue = BLANK(), getCurrentRowValue, getCurrentRowValue - getPreviousRowValue)

Drop a table visual and add following to value:

- Date

- Category

- Cummulative Total Unwind (new measure)

And I guess you will get the data you are looking for

PS - Replace table name with your table name in DAX and also replace category with Cod and Value with Valor

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.