Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Transfer of capacity between entities

Hi all

I'm new to PowerBi and I want to have the following:

I want to create a slicer which allows me to transfer 'capacity' from one entity to another. I.e. If the entity A has 300 capacity and entity B and C -20, I would like to create a slicer so I can transfer for example 20 capacity to entity B and 20 capacity to entity C.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I tried a what if parameter but without any success. 

Thank you in advance for any help!

Kind regards

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Is this your expected final output?

1.PNG

If so, please refer to this measure.

Measure =
IF (
    SUM ( Table3[Capacity] ) < 0,
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table3[Capacity] ), ALLSELECTED ( Table3 ) )
)

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Thanks for the help! It is the expected final output in this case, but in other cases not.

I want to create a dashboard where my client can see his different entities with their capacity. Further, I want to provide a sort of slicer where he can interactively transfer excess capacity to another entity.

I.e. A has excess capacity of 300 and B is negative 100 so we take from entity A -100 and  add to entity B +100. Entity C remains unchanged.

It could be that for another client entity C has 1000 capacity and entity A -200, so the same slicer which allows him to transfer -200 from C to add 200 to A.

Hope this clarifies what I need.

Help is very appreciated!

Kind regards

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is the slicer used to specify the number to transfer? And Is it always transferring from positive entity to negative entity? Or the transfer regulation varies based on report viewer's selection?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.