Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trailing 12 Month Average?

I have this table of data:

1.PNG

We have a weird way of calculating our net promoter score which is the % of 'promoter' - the % of 'detractor'. We do not take 'passive' responses into account. This gives a scale of -100.00 to 100.00. So in this case, there are 2894 total responses, 1698 are 'promoter' and 557 are 'detractor' which becomes 58.67%-19.25%=39.43% total net promoter score.

I'm then being asked to take the total net promoter score and and show what the trailing 12 month average has been over time? I'm confused on how to do this since the start and end dates of these surveys take place in the same day. I've put together a graph that shows what I think is just the normal average, but that is not what my supervisor is looking for. Any ideas? Here is what my current graph looks like and the formulas I used:

1.PNG

1.PNG
1.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please illustrate "trailing 12 month average" with examples? Do you mean you want to get the averate from 3/26/2017 to 2/26/2018 on 2/26/2018, and get average from 3/19/2015 to 2/19/2016 on 2/19/2016, etc? Also, please show us the formula of [Promoter %] and [Detractor %].

Besides, I found that you have posted two similar threads which have been answered. Do those solutions work in your scenario?
Trailing 12 Month Average

Trailing Average

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft yes, what you've described is what I'm looking for. And here are screenshots of the formulas:

1.PNG

1.PNG

1.PNG

1.PNG

1.PNG
1.PNG

And this formula below is what is currently displaying on my graph. I am not sure if this would be calculating everything correctly or if there's a better way:
1.PNG

1.PNG
The 'Date'[Date] is coming from a generic Date table I've built. I created a Month End variable for using for my axis.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.