Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jayfemi
Helper I
Helper I

Traffic Light Conditional Formatting

Hi i'm trying to get some conditional formatting to work in Bi i already know what the conditions will be but i'm not sure how i can get it working over in BI.

Conditional Formatting.jpg

is there anythig that can come close to what i would want it to be in excel?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jayfemi,

In the field context menu select the conditional formatting Color Scales then just add the definitions you need, be aware that this is a very simple conditional formatting (believe that will grow) but you can also use some distinct ways to make it work in intervals using measure or something like that.

Below see and example of one column with positive and negative numbers and other that I calculated with intervals of those to add an additional level of colour (interval between -5 and 5).

Untitled.png

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jayfemi,

You can add in the tables and matrix the conditional formating that will color the cell background within the defined values.

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Good Morning @MFelix,

I hope this finds you well, how would i go about doing that?

Hi @Jayfemi,

In the field context menu select the conditional formatting Color Scales then just add the definitions you need, be aware that this is a very simple conditional formatting (believe that will grow) but you can also use some distinct ways to make it work in intervals using measure or something like that.

Below see and example of one column with positive and negative numbers and other that I calculated with intervals of those to add an additional level of colour (interval between -5 and 5).

Untitled.png

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.