cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Tracking the usage of the Dashboard Reports

Hi Power BI Community,

we have a Report page with 4 Dashboards. How can we track the usage metrix? Only intern people of our company have access.
Or must we somehow only use the power bi app for user metrix?

We would like to see how much clicks these Dashboards get and so on..

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Beginner_2020 ,

Currently usage metrics only shows as a single report instead of embeding in the report directly.

In addition, if you want to track a specific visual metrics, you need to pin this visual to the dashboard and 'open usage metrics' for it. Open usage metrics directly for the report will show the whole report usage metrics instead of a single visual.

pin.pngmetrics.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Beginner_2020 , refer if this can help

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-usage-metrics

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

@amitchandak  Thanks for the reply. So it is only possible if my organization uses the power bi app/workspace right? 
We had an powerbi.companyname.org report page like this. 
There is no way to track the interaction on that?example.PNG

Hi @Beginner_2020 ,

Currently usage metrics only shows as a single report instead of embeding in the report directly.

In addition, if you want to track a specific visual metrics, you need to pin this visual to the dashboard and 'open usage metrics' for it. Open usage metrics directly for the report will show the whole report usage metrics instead of a single visual.

pin.pngmetrics.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Super User II
Super User II

You can get more details around usage matrix here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-usage-metrics

Nikhil
Hit the Thumbs-up button if you find this informative!!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

@NikhilKumar  Thanks for the reply. So it is only possible if my organization uses the power bi app/workspace right? 
We had an powerbi.companyname.org report page like this. 
There is no way to track the interaction on that?example.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors