Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracing an error to a source file

Dear community, 

I have connected to a folder with 18 files within.

1.PNG

i did some basic transformation and when i uploaded the data to the data model, PBI uploaded almost everything except 13 transactions. 

2.PNG

Can you please help me understand how can i trace the problem and actually know what that error means?

3.PNG

Thank you, 

Atanas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous , This is a data type error. Is it a numeric data Type column. If yes. Can you check is data in these rows have Space , - # or something else.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous . Either in one of the tables the name has some difference, like space or special character, just make sure the header is the same.

Click on the error on at the row, level, and check what is the error. See if you can resolve it. Or share back that error too

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

I also went through each file and checked the headers. They're all the same. Not changed at all. 

I tried "trim" on this column in the querry editor, but it still shows me the same error for only these 13 transactions. 

Atanas

@Anonymous , This is a data type error. Is it a numeric data Type column. If yes. Can you check is data in these rows have Space , - # or something else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

Thank you Sir. I accept your proposal as suggestion of my problem. 

Your help is with great value!

Atanas

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

It is a text column. Can you please tell me how to navigate to these rows? I find it pretty challenging.

Also, just for your information, i found the mistake... some good lady in accounting put triple + sign in front of the transaction. 

From there excel thinks it is some kind of formula... it passes the mistake directly to PBI. Screenshot is from the raw data... 

Atanas_0-1593934593177.png

I just can't tell you how frustrating that was until i found it 5 mins ago...

So my only question is how to navigate better in the query editor in order to identify the rows?

Atanas

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

Thank you, here's what the error says for all the 13 lines. 

Atanas_0-1593931752295.png

Do you mean some of the header name might be different in the source files? I can go and check, but just want to confirm if i understand you.

Thank you,

Atanas

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.