cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themistoklis New Contributor
New Contributor

Totals on column is displayed as NaN

I have the following formula which brings me values for each one of the cells but for totals i get NaN value.

How can i make this DAX formula work on column Totals?

% Cost no MT = IF ( OR(ISBLANK([% Cost]); [% Cost] =0); 0 ; IF(
            SUM('Master Table - All Services'[Cost_no_MT]) / SUMX(VALUES(Calculated_Measures[TaskGID]);CALCULATE(SUM('Invoices to Clients'[TurnOver]))) = 0;
            SUM('Master Table - All Services'[PONetValue]) / SUMX(VALUES(Calculated_Measures[TaskGID]);CALCULATE(SUM('Invoices to Clients'[TurnOver])));
            SUM('Master Table - All Services'[Cost_no_MT]) / SUMX(VALUES(Calculated_Measures[TaskGID]);CALCULATE(SUM('Invoices to Clients'[TurnOver])))
    ) )

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Totals on column is displayed as NaN

Hi @themistoklis,

It seems the denominator returns 0. But we can't find out why unless we have the data. Can you share a sample? Maybe you can check it out. The context of the Total is the whole parts.

SUMX (
                VALUES ( Calculated_Measures[TaskGID] );
                CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Invoices to Clients'[TurnOver] ) )
            )

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @themistoklis,

It seems the denominator returns 0. But we can't find out why unless we have the data. Can you share a sample? Maybe you can check it out. The context of the Total is the whole parts.

SUMX (
                VALUES ( Calculated_Measures[TaskGID] );
                CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Invoices to Clients'[TurnOver] ) )
            )

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
themistoklis New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

Indeed it was the denominator which was returning zero and also i had quite a few NaN values in various cells after the calculation. I fixed them too.

Thanks a lot