Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totals for Stacked Bar chart

Hi,

I am trying to show totals for stacked bar chart at the end of each bar. We have Line and Stacked Column chart but not Line and Stacked Bar chart. Any workaround for this?

Thanks,

Priyanga

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Since there is no visual like Line and stacked bar chart, I prefer you to use Line and stacked column chart to show totals of each column:

1. You can put the value both in Column values and Line values and enable Data label in Format pane so that the line will show the total of each column although you cannot hide the lineline and column.png
  2. Disable Legend and change the 'Stroke width' into 0 under Shapes menuline and column2.png

Here is the demo that I established, please try it:

PBIX 

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

So, no option for that, you could potentially use a Card visualization to display the total.

And no, there is no Line and Stacked Bar chart visual unless you can find one in the third party visualizations.

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Since there is no visual like Line and stacked bar chart, I prefer you to use Line and stacked column chart to show totals of each column:

1. You can put the value both in Column values and Line values and enable Data label in Format pane so that the line will show the total of each column although you cannot hide the lineline and column.png
  2. Disable Legend and change the 'Stroke width' into 0 under Shapes menuline and column2.png

Here is the demo that I established, please try it:

PBIX 

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello

In my Power Bi you don't give me that option:

duda.PNG

I don't manage to do it, I still want to add the totals on the top outside of the bars.

Tooduda2.PNG

I'd appreciate it if you'd help me.

Thanks a lot

Miguel

Highlighted

Thanks a lot!

served me a lot...

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

One possible solution: put the data color of the total with the same color of the stacked bar chart background, and adjust the total label to be "inside base".Capturar.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors