Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totals for Stacked Bar chart

Hi,

I am trying to show totals for stacked bar chart at the end of each bar. We have Line and Stacked Column chart but not Line and Stacked Bar chart. Any workaround for this?

Thanks,

Priyanga

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Since there is no visual like Line and stacked bar chart, I prefer you to use Line and stacked column chart to show totals of each column:

1. You can put the value both in Column values and Line values and enable Data label in Format pane so that the line will show the total of each column although you cannot hide the lineline and column.png
  2. Disable Legend and change the 'Stroke width' into 0 under Shapes menuline and column2.png

Here is the demo that I established, please try it:

PBIX 

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mau_habert
Helper I
Helper I

One possible solution: put the data color of the total with the same color of the stacked bar chart background, and adjust the total label to be "inside base".Capturar.JPG

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Since there is no visual like Line and stacked bar chart, I prefer you to use Line and stacked column chart to show totals of each column:

1. You can put the value both in Column values and Line values and enable Data label in Format pane so that the line will show the total of each column although you cannot hide the lineline and column.png
  2. Disable Legend and change the 'Stroke width' into 0 under Shapes menuline and column2.png

Here is the demo that I established, please try it:

PBIX 

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a lot!

served me a lot...

Hello

In my Power Bi you don't give me that option:

duda.PNG

I don't manage to do it, I still want to add the totals on the top outside of the bars.

Tooduda2.PNG

I'd appreciate it if you'd help me.

Thanks a lot

Miguel

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So, no option for that, you could potentially use a Card visualization to display the total.

And no, there is no Line and Stacked Bar chart visual unless you can find one in the third party visualizations.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.