Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

markr1

Totals and Averages in PowerBI Matrix Display

Hi,

I am not sure this is possible. 

I have a table of values as shown in the image below. I would like the totals at the end of each column to be the average of the

values in each colum, ie all the totals should be divided by 5 as there are 5 rows and not averaged by just the active data.

In the second display, which is a drill-down for the last row of data below, I would like just the totals to be displayed for each column.

So in essence, I'm after column averages to take into account the number of rows, irrespective of if they have data or not and secondly, when I drill-down then the next level displays just the total for each column, no averaging.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks,

Mark.

PowerBI Averages.PNG

PowerBI Totals.PNG

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @markr1,

>>I have a table of values as shown in the image below. I would like the totals at the end of each column to be the average of the

values in each colum, ie all the totals should be divided by 5 as there are 5 rows and not averaged by just the active data.

The total value is based on the calculation above rows, if you use the sum, the total will display all sum of rows above in each column, if you use average, it will display average rows. We can't design custom calculation for total row.

>>In the second display, which is a drill-down for the last row of data below, I would like just the totals to be displayed for each column.

We can decide the total row display or not. But can't set that matrix just display total except for other rows. You can create feature request here, Power BI product team will consider it if more people need it.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.