Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

Totals Rolling up incorrectly when Date is removed

Hello, 

I have a product with a attribute called "Type" applied to it at a daily level.  I also have Sales for that Product at a daily level.  When I have a table showing the data at the lowest level, it looks correct.  When I remove the Date to see the sales summed up (week level), suddenly the total appears under both product attributes instead of retaining it's split.

Any thoughts?  My thought is the Many to Many join, but I wanted to check before I go down that path.  The sales are joined to a product table as Many to One, the attribute is table is joined to the product table as Many to Many.  Both are joined to the Calendar as Many to One.

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
edhans
Super User
Super User

We'd need to see data and your measures. The Filter Context is causing this, which is all of the filters in your model, which includes the filters that the visual itself is creating.

How to get good help fast. Help us help you.
How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

The Filters applied to the page and affect both visuals:

Product = 33081-NW1 , Year = 2020 , Week = 9.

The measure is just a sum:

Demand Sls $ = sum('Sales'[DemandAmt])

Does that help? Sorry, not sure I followed exactly what the ask was.

The visuals provide their own filters. For example, the $161 in your image... the Table visual is filtering it based on the value in the offier column, the date column, and the Type column. Those plus any other page, report, or visual level filters you apply affect the measure, as well as any filters on related tables that filter this data, but I don't know what your measure is or how your model is working.

See this article for more.

I need data, the overall model, and your measures to proceed.

How to get good help fast. Help us help you.
How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.