Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totaling Multiple Filtered Measures

Hello,

I am putting together a type of weighted caseload for my staff members. It is kind of complex and i am wondering if anyone has any ideas or better ways to go about this or even a dax command that may work. Essentially each staff member sees a certain amount of poeple daily. Each person recieves different services and so on that derive from different SQL tables that i have. I have created several individual table visuals getting the correct total data for each category (Total of each visual is filtered in the visual) with measures. However is there a way to add the filtered Total data in a measure for each category up as a whole to find their total score for all the people they see if that makes sense? This is example data below by the way as i cannot list the actual data.

Here is an example. I have a visual filtered to look back one year, then i have applied this measure to it to count each row of data and multiply it by 20 to get the score for each row.

Inpatient 1 Year Score = COUNT(Admissions[Case#])*20

Next i have another visual total adding all of their 5 year stays together similar to the one above.  

Inpatient 5 Year Score = COUNT(Admissions[Case#])*5

Hence for every patient in the last year with a admission would recieve 20 points for each admission and every patient admission in the last 5 years would receive 5 points per admission

exampleexample

Would it be easier to create a scoring table and add it in? This may be something not doable in Powerbi as well i am not sure. Her total score then for admissions would be 30 and i would add that to a bunch of total visuals like this one. Maybe i need to make these column dax statements too instead of measures? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check the measure below.

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'Table'[case] ),
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ), 'Table'[date] >= EDATE ( TODAY (), -12 ) )
) * 20
    + CALCULATE (
        FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ), 'Table'[date] >= EDATE ( TODAY (), -60 ) )
    ) * 5

5.PNG6.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check the measure below.

Measure =
CALCULATE (
) * 20
    + CALCULATE (
    ) * 5

5.PNG6.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anyway to get this to add up correctly when you take the individual filter off too? I am finding that it adds quite a bit to the score number when taking the individual filter off by person and looking at everyone as a whole.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one more question  as well using the below dax statement. I want to add another total to this but i want to filter by a specific value name in a column instead of date. What would that entail?

Measure =
CALCULATE (
) * 20
    + CALCULATE (
    ) * 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.