Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jorismo
Helper II
Helper II

Total percentage on 100%

Hi all,

I'm currently creating an dashboard for our call statistics.

But there is an problem with it:

- When it's filtered on year or month the % is more than 100%, this can't be correct because you can't pick up more than 100% of the calls.

I really don't know how to figure it out to get those on a scale of 100%..

In attachment it the file.

Also the date format can't be changed to dd/mm/yyyy

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jFCpiVeXVj-a61r3HBrDcKPjJpfB-nO-

9 REPLIES 9
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @jorismo,

In your scenario, the %answ or %SLA int or other percent values are the common columns in your source table. And when you put them in Values of a Matrix visual, they will be aggregated automatically. Like:

5.PNG

As parry suggested, it is better to use DAX expression to calculate them inside Power BI. Then comes the question, what's the logic to calculate those percentage values? Without knowing the logic, we cannot help a lot.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

well the dataset is an table where per day and customer an row is entered.

Every row has the number of calls answered and abandoned for that day.

I have to report the total % answered and abandoned per month, but if they use the drill-through also per day (if possible otherwise only per month).

Hi @jorismo,

The easiest way to achieve your requirement is to split your TimeKey to year and month columns with DAX expressions like:

Year = YEAR(Calls[TIME KEY]) and Month = MONTH(Calls[TIME KEY])

2.PNG

Then create a calculate table to summarize the values. I only put Calls Answered and Calls Abandoned in my sample:

Table =
SUMMARIZE (
    ALLSELECTED ( Calls ),
    [Teamoverview],
    Calls[Year],
    Calls[Month],
    "SUM Abandoned", SUM ( Calls[Calls Abandoned] ),
    "SUM Answered", SUM ( Calls[Calls Answered] )
)

Then create a new measure in this calculated table to calculate the % answered.

Ans % =
IF (
    MAX ( 'Table'[SUM Abandoned] ) + MAX ( 'Table'[SUM Answered] )
        > 0,
    DIVIDE (
        MAX ( 'Table'[SUM Answered] ),
        ( MAX ( 'Table'[SUM Abandoned] ) + MAX ( 'Table'[SUM Answered] ) )
    ),
)

1.PNG

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Hi Xi Jin,

many many thanks for your help.

Thats the thing that I wanted!!!!! I'm going to creat this also for the abandoned calls etc.

But one thing isn't working ok, I also get all the months of 2018 (with the values of 2017)

image.png 

Hi @jorismo,

Could you please share us the new pbix file if possible?

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Share sample data in excel file or share pbix file and ill get you the solution.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

You have to calculate the % within PowerBI using DAX. What I noticed that your % is pre calculated and it is doing the sum on % and that is why you are seeing more than 100%. Develop % calculation using DAX and that will do it for you.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

ok thanks for that, can you also give me an helping hand on the dax?

no problem. so that would be the calculation to calculate %

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.