Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Majidbhatti
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Total of variance column current year vs last year in Matrix visual

Hi All

Can anyone help me in below. I have a page with Years filter and want to add Matrix as below. I want that user choose any 2 years and the Matrix should be formatted as below. 

Capture.PNG

I have added formula of  [VAR A = B of 2018  - A of 2019] but its repeating the columns as below. I know i can resize the column but there must be a simplier way to handle this other than resizing columns.

Capture1.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @Majidbhatti 

You could use

IF ( ISINSCOPE ( Dates[Year] ), BLANK(), [your measure here] ) 

Which will blank out the measure under the years and only show it on the total columns.

Hi, So this will show blank column but it will not hide the column right? how to hide these blank columns?

The only way I can think to do it would be to write 6 measures

Prior Year A

Prior Year B

Current Year A

Current Year B

VAR A

VAR B

Then you add the 6 measures without having year on the columns.

@jdbuchanan71 ,  I tried you solution but it does not seems to work in Matrix. ISINSCOPE doesn't sense the YEAR in the Matrix. 

Moreover, creating measures will also not help as i want all the columns of Last year compared with  Current Year and then variance of all the columns.

Then you will have to resize the columns to hide the extras.

Resizing is also not working because i have a filter where user can select YEARS. so if i select 2018 & 2019 and resize columns of 2018. later when user selects 2019 & 2020, those columns are not hidden anymore.

Can you share your .pbix file?  If there is sensitive information you can anonymize it before sharing.

@jdbuchanan71  sorry i tried a lot to strip the data but this report contains confidential data for last two year with file size of 200MB. so dont know how i can share

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.