cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Total of the month not corresponding to the total of the values of the single days

Hi all!

I have 2 measures that are total of values from 2 different tables: "RMS DW" and "RMS cfd lettura"

No problems with them: correct values and totals....everything fine.

I created a new measure:

Measure = IF([RMS DW]=0;[RMS cfd lettura];[RMS DW])

My goal is: "If that are no values in RMS DW than take into consideration the "RMS cfd lettura" otherwise use the "RMS DW" values.

THE STRANGE THING: this measure gives correct values day by day, but the month total is not correct!!!! How is it possible?

Look at the table below: last column shows exactely what I want day by day, but you can see the total says "310" that is only the total of the first 5 rows!

Cattura.JPG

Any idea about what's wrong?

Thank you all, Alessandro.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Total of the month not corresponding to the total of the values of the single days

This looks like a measure totals problem. Very common. See my post about it here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376

---------------------------------------

Putting square pegs in round holes since 1972.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Total of the month not corresponding to the total of the values of the single days

This looks like a measure totals problem. Very common. See my post about it here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376

---------------------------------------

Putting square pegs in round holes since 1972.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors