Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ibelouris
Frequent Visitor

Total of a measure

Hello All, I have been reading the forum and searching online without any luck for this issue I am facing.

My table has the following structure:

sample data

TypeDescriptionItemValuationPriceValuationPriceLYAcquisitionCost([ValuationPrice]-[ValuationPriceLY])/[ValuationPriceLY]ROI (previous column*AcquisitionCost)
Merchandise1                           1.46                                1.40                     9,042.00                     0.04             396.88
Merchandise2                           1.46                                1.35                        405.00                     0.08               33.29
Merchandise3                           1.32                                1.30                     7,065.60                     0.02             116.63
Merchandise4                           2.44                         109.23                          -                        -  
Merchandise5                         13.91                         428.74                          -                        -  
Merchandise6                           9.25                         223.54                          -                        -  
Merchandise7                           6.98                         248.51                          -                        -  
Merchandise8                           4.70                         304.14                          -                        -  
Merchandise9                           2.64                                2.42                           73.38                     0.09                  6.44
Merchandise10                         13.87                         138.90                          -                        -  
Merchandise11                           9.43                                9.03                        146.36                     0.04                  6.48
Merchandise12                           7.53                                6.89                        180.12                     0.09               16.75
Merchandise13                           4.76                                4.36                        345.92                     0.09               32.27

ROI Is a measure that =

IFERROR( ([ValuationPrice]-[ValuationPriceLY])/[ValuationPriceLY]*SUMx(Procurement_Periodics,Procurement_Periodics[AcquisitionCost]),0)

The excel total is ~608 on the measure total I am getting ~16.131

ibelouris_0-1630657177692.png

The picture above highlights the issue.

ROI is calculated correctly for each line.
However, ROI total is not. It should be the sum of the ROI of all the lines that are filtered. The total of ROI is the calucation of the total of cost (here measure)*([ValuationPrice]-[ValuationPriceLY])/[ValuationPriceLY] (here measure2).

Things I have tried so far that give incorrect results:
Measure 4 = sumx(VALUES(Procurement_Periodics[ItemType]),[ROI])
Measure 3 = VAR _table=SUMMARIZE(Procurement_Periodics,Procurement_Periodics[ItemType],"_value",[ROI])
RETURN
IF(HASONEVALUE(Procurement_Periodics[ItemType]),[ROI],SUMX(_table,[_value]))

Does anyone have an idea of how to approach this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibelouris
Frequent Visitor

Turns out this is giving me the total I need.

Measure =
sumx(VALUES(Procurement_Periodics[ItemDescription]),[ROI])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ibelouris ,

Has your problem been solved? If it has been solved, please mark the correct reply as the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly.Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ibelouris
Frequent Visitor

Turns out this is giving me the total I need.

Measure =
sumx(VALUES(Procurement_Periodics[ItemDescription]),[ROI])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.