Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Total issue using measure ( Normal total and same total but inside the matrix)

Hi ,

I am faced an issue in my Matrix using a calculated measure. it is showing inside my rows a Total . which means that i Have a 'Normal' Total and another same Total is inside the matrix ( as row )without label.

I have two tables (realized  income and costs , Budget)  I have a period field in both tables.

I created a key to link both tables ( key is the concatenation between the period , group and sub group )

here the measure that causing a ' double Total' in my matrix . ( I tried to use a  formula with Time inteeligence here SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR but it doesn't work  with filter context ) 

PowerBIlearning_0-1642772640338.pngPowerBIlearning_1-1642772746978.png

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak   , 

Attached here a sample data . i have two views one for realized income and cost and another one for Budget. here we are trying to compare what we realized and what it was done through budget table inside the pbix. sorry i can't share the pbix as they are a lot of sensitive data but i shared a matrix . the dashboard is a filter based on Period which is coming from Budget table . matrix contains Groups and subroup account with their Balance. and the calculated measure is like the budget same priod last year . idem for Realized amount. I shared a quick sample of data . The link between two views in pbix is the KEY_BUDGET and KEY_REALIZED. which is a relation 1 to many  ( from budget to realized income and cost).
the issue here is that i have inside my matrix a calculated total twice as mentionned. it may coming from my calculated measure.

thank you for helping

relized income view :

PowerBIlearning_0-1643103487315.png

Budget view 

PowerBIlearning_1-1643103510375.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.