Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI88
Helper III
Helper III

Total is not correct for data column in Power Bi matrix

Hi,

I have a matrix where I put both measures and simple columns and the totals are not correct.

As regards measures I found a possible fix here: https://businessintelligist.com/2020/07/02/what-to-do-when-power-bi-totals-are-wrong/

Instead I don't know how to fix the situation for columns that are not measures.

Here is my dataset, the column I am talking about is "PretaxCost":

PowerBI88_0-1642494586198.png

Thank you 

Kind regards

Marta

5 REPLIES 5
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBI88 ,

How did you get the [PretaxCost]? I notice that the total of [Delta] and [%Variazione] are also not the sum of there values in row level.
There might be some details that were not mentioned in your description above. And it's difficult for us to reproduce the scenario.
It's better to share some sample data so that we could figure out what is going on.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PowerBI88 , if this is a column - PretaxCost, what is aggregation used for this one, other than distinctcount, min/max grand total should match

PowerBI88_0-1642495277182.png

I think that the aggregation is sum.

For the measures I used this formula to fix the total: 

FixCommission = SUMX(Values(AzureTagsEnvironment[Value]), AzureUsageRecords[% Variazione])

Kind regards

Marta

@PowerBI88 , Grand total will be recalculated to % measure will not be sum , they will sum(A)/Sum(B) based on grand total. If you need sum, You need to do what you have done

FixCommission = SUMX(Values(AzureTagsEnvironment[Value]), AzureUsageRecords[% Variazione])

here [% Variazione] should be measure 

if this is a column then

FixCommission = SUMX(Values(AzureTagsEnvironment[Value]), calculate(average( AzureUsageRecords[% Variazione]) ))

Sorry I don't understand. My problem is related to column PretaxCost, not to %Variazione.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.