Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Total in matrix table not adding up the correct amount

Hi, 

I have created a column that calculates the time between my task's start and finish times. Then, for my matrix table, I created a measure for it as below:

_SumTaskTime = CALCULATE(SUM('FinanceTimeLog (2)'[DurationofTask]), FILTER(DateTable, DateTable[Date]))

The idea is that it totals the amount of time spent on each task, filtered by date. The measure itself is working, but my mtarix table's 'total' is not for some of my columns. Attached for your reference.

Could you please advice as I am not sure why it is working for some only? Thank you 

Aziza_0-1650635052749.png

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , the filter function seems incomplete. Can you correct this

_SumTaskTime = CALCULATE(SUM('FinanceTimeLog (2)'[DurationofTask]), FILTER(DateTable, DateTable[Date]  ?? ))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I have updated the dax but the issue is with the built in 'Total rows' where it is not adding up the correct amount for some columns. I am not sure how to fix that?

Aziza_0-1656061334282.png

Aziza_1-1656061354345.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also to add, it only happens when I change the date range to a longer period. If the date range from my slicer is a few days then it seems fine but if I keep going further, it brings random figures  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.