Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

j_martinho
Helper I
Helper I

Total in Visual (like count if Excel)

I need a resume table like Excel using count.If

screenshot.1126.jpg

Visual in Power BI needed:

screenshot.1161.jpg

I tried:

screenshot.1162.jpg

Database example: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AuUNmh5pyq5g93rKg_a-sEJWzfc_?e=AzWweb

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi j_martinho,

It seems that you want to calculate sum based Area desbloqueio, when you add this field in Table and add Pago, it will automatically calculate sum for you

344.PNG

In addition, you could try below measure to calculate count

Measure 4 = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Area desbloqueio]), ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Area desbloqueio]))

By the way, if possible, could you please inform me the error in English and explain the logic of below(count?)

345.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @dax 

I have in the source table the ID that would be "Documento" and respectively two columns containing one the release location ("Area Lancamento") and the other the unlock location ("Area Desbloqueio"). I want to calculate the total sum by location and the amount of releases and unlocks by location.

I enter the "Area Lancamento" column in Visual, then a new columm DistinctCount "Area Lancamento", and when I enter DistinctCount for "Area Desbloqueio" the total per area of ​​the two columns is the same.

I have tried some DAX fomulas without success.

Valor Pago = SUM "Valor Pago"

Qtd Lancamentos = Distinctcount "Area Lancamento"

Qtd Desbloqueios= Distinctcount "Area Desbloqueio"

Error using ADDCOLUMNS or SUMMARIZE: The expression refers to multiple columns. Multiple columns cannot be converted to a scalar value

Data Source Sample: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AuUNmh5pyq5g93rKg_a-sEJWzfc_?e=AzWweb

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi j_martinho, 

I am sorry for late reply, I am not clear about your requirement. If you want to count distinct based on Area Lancamento and Area Desbloqueio, you could try to use below

Measure 7 = DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[Area Desbloqueio])
Measure 8 = DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[Area Lancamento])

If possible, could you please inform me your expected output? Then I will help you more correctly.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors