Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AishwariyaV
Helper IV
Helper IV

Total doesn't show in DAX measure

Hi guys,

In the report which I am working, i had a requirement to show region with maximum and minimum data value. For maximum value, measure works fine but the minimum measure doesn't.

I have a matrix which has rows as Class(1st level) and Region(2nd level) and column as Type.

Current result:

AishwariyaV_0-1637751515215.png

Expected result:

AishwariyaV_1-1637751576320.png

Below is the dax measure used for finding min value,

var ranks = Rankx(all(region), datavalue measure ,,ASC,Dense) return switch(True(), ranks=2,datavalue measure)

The issue with this dax is when drilled down from Class -> Region, the total values doesn't show which means the values doesnt show for Class. I assume the change must be with "all(region)" statement in the dax measure.

Need some help on this.

Also, the categories, Class, Region and Type are from different dim tables which are connected to the fact tables via key column.

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AishwariyaV , Try like 

var ranks = Rankx(all(region), datavalue measure ,,ASC,Dense)
return Sumx(values(region[region]) , switch(True(), ranks=2,datavalue measure))

@amitchandak , Not working

@AishwariyaV ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.