Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mbechet
Frequent Visitor

Total and filter count distinct values

Hi all,

I have a matrix on which I am showing the total count of each value occurences for each row and colu + the count of distinct values.

My goal is to get in the matrix only the values for which the total of the row for distinct values is > 1.

What I have now:

Current.png

What I would like to have

Target.png

Is this manageable? How could I filter the total for total of distinct values by row >0 ?

Thank you all in advance for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Mbechet,

I modified your formula and it seems work on my side.

Custom = 
var currentAgent=LASTNONBLANK(Sheet1[Agent],[Agent])
return
if(COUNT(Sheet1[Amount])=COUNTX(FILTER(ALL(Sheet1),[Agent]=currentAgent),[Amount])||COUNT(Sheet1[Amount])=COUNTX(ALL(Sheet1),[Amount]),DISTINCTCOUNT(Sheet1[Amount]),COUNT(Sheet1[Amount]))

9.PNG

Notice: if statement check agent group to filter on total row, so if your agent has only one amount category, distinct count formula will also calculate on that row.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Mbechet,

For your scenario, I think you can modify your formula to add a conditional to filter the calculation on total row.

Sample: add condition to check column group.

Custom = 
var currentItem=LASTNONBLANK('Sample Table'[Date].[Year],[Date].[Year])
return
IF(COUNTROWS('Sample Table')=COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL('Sample Table'),[Date].[Year]=currentItem)),"Total Row Formula",SUM([Amount]))

4.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Dear @v-shex-msft,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried your proposal but I am not able to get the expected result (certainly due to a lack of knowledge...).

To explain my need in a clearer way I have made a demo PBIX file

I think the problem that I have compare to your example is that I am using different fields for my rows and columns.

In brief, my project and goal  looks as below

Exemple.png

My final goal is to be able to find out if I have more that 1 disctinct amount for each person (what I would see in the total of rows) and the see the share by column of the count of each values for each project.

Do you have an idea how to do it?

Thank you again for your help.

Regards

Hi @Mbechet,

I think I have clear your requirement, normal column show total amount, and at total column switch to distinct mode, right?

It seems like I can't download for your sharing link, can you please upload this file to onedrive?

Sample:

7.PNG

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Hello @v-shex-msft

Yes you got it right but I am not able to figure out how to apply it to my model.

You can download the files here.

Thanks

HI @Mbechet,

I modified your formula and it seems work on my side.

Custom = 
var currentAgent=LASTNONBLANK(Sheet1[Agent],[Agent])
return
if(COUNT(Sheet1[Amount])=COUNTX(FILTER(ALL(Sheet1),[Agent]=currentAgent),[Amount])||COUNT(Sheet1[Amount])=COUNTX(ALL(Sheet1),[Amount]),DISTINCTCOUNT(Sheet1[Amount]),COUNT(Sheet1[Amount]))

9.PNG

Notice: if statement check agent group to filter on total row, so if your agent has only one amount category, distinct count formula will also calculate on that row.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hello @v-shex-msft

That works perfectly. Thank you for your very helpful support.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.