Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rtrohitsingh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Total Visualization total is showing wrong

Hi all ,

I am new to group and Power BI. I have created a measue Total Cost = 

Total Cost = SUM(Sheet1[QtyShip])*sum(Sheet1[CuryCost])

total cost.PNG

Please help me to resolve this issue.
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Total Visualization total is showing wrong

Hi @rtrohitsingh

Please share the pbix file with us if you are importing data to the report. If it's possible, please upload the pbix file to your OneDrive and share the link here if the report doesn't contain any sensitive data. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rtrohitsingh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft , Thank you for your reply. I have remove total from Visualization-->Format. So, now it is not appearing at below. But still need to dril down, why total was showing wrong.

Highlighted
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @rtrohitsingh

The DAX you use is Total Cost= SUM(Sheet1[QtyShip])*sum(Sheet1[CuryCost]), on total row level, it will sum all Sheet1[QtyShip] values, then multiply this value by sum total of Sheet1[CuryCost]. So it will not sum each Total Cost values then display in total row. 

You can refer to this same thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculating-the-SUM-of-Calculated-Measure/td-p/502596

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 404 members 4,149 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: