Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kote101
Helper II
Helper II

Total Value Column Measure

Hi guys,

I am trying to create a total values column with the total value (5930) appearing for each row.

The total value column i want to make should have 5,930 throughout all the rows but everytime i try to make a measure with such as sum(Values) , it ends up just giving me the value for each row rather than the value for every row.

Can anybody help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Kote101,

Please modify that measure like below.

Measure 2 = CALCULATE(SUM('Table1'[Amount]),ALLSELECTED('Table1'))

Then it will show the sum of amount dynamically based on the filter.

Capture.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Kote101,

Please try the measure below.

Measure 2 = CALCULATE(SUM('Table1'[Amount]),ALL('Table1'))

Here is an example.

result.PNG

If you still need help, please share some data sample and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-piga-msft that solvesy issue though wouldnt that create a static non dynamic value. what if i wanted a totals measure like that but with just whatever value is filtered

Hi @Kote101,

Please modify that measure like below.

Measure 2 = CALCULATE(SUM('Table1'[Amount]),ALLSELECTED('Table1'))

Then it will show the sum of amount dynamically based on the filter.

Capture.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

@v-piga-msft Thank you! it works in my case

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not working in my case, does it work differently if the total of the column I'm trying to have repeated on each row is the total of a measure? 

In my case, I have the monthly percentage in each row, and would like to have the total year percentage repeated on the colum besides it (RAMA TEST). 

Can anyone help me figure this out? 

Thanks! 

cloclovilla_0-1652967013731.png

Thank you @v-piga-msft i couldnt be more happy with the response
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kote101

I'm afraid you provide too little info for a clear answer.

To get rid of the filter from the rows, try   SUM(ALL(YourTableName[Values]))

hi @AIB there isnt much context as i only want to be able to learn how to create a sum everything in a particular range defined by whatever is filtered or not. I saw this done in the definitive guide to dax though the way they did it seems to not yield the same results for me ( they just used a simple sum function and it seemed to ignore the row to row context of dax though i am not sure how )

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.