Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Total Sum of all Data but Filtering out Max Date?

Hello,

Please help! 

I am working on a dashboard and it was requested that I provide a tab that lists the total sales of a customer (in both of our market segments) as well as providing a list of customers that we have in our system that has not purchased anything from us, or those that have purchased from us, but not for a long time. This way, our salespeople know who to target. I am running into issues when I tried to complete this myself.

Here's an example:

Customer 0123: Purchase 1 for $2,000 on Jan 18 2017 from Market 1. Purchase 2 for $10,000 on Feb 22, 2018 from Market 2. Purchase 3 for $20,000 on Sept 25, 2019 from Market 1. Desired Result: Total Sales: $32,000 - Last Sell Date - Sept 25, 2019. Total Market 1 Sales: $22,000 - Last Sell Date: Sept 25, 2019. Total Market 2 Sales: $10,000 - Last Sell Date: Feb 22, 2018.

Customer 4567: Purchase 1 for $2,000 on Jan 18 2008 from Market 2. Purchase 2 for $10,000 on Feb 22, 2009 from Market 1. Purchase 3 for $20,000 on Sept 25, 2010 from Market 2. Desired Result: Total Sales: $32,000 - Last Sell Date - Sept 25, 2010.  Total Market 1 Sales: $10,000 - Last Sell Date: Feb 22, 2009. Total Market 2 Sales: $22,000 - Last Sell Date: Sept 25, 2010.

Customer 8910: No purchase record. 

I have a column for the date when a sale was made, sales dollars for both market segments, and a sale column for each market segment. I also have a column for customers. I think I have all the data there, I just need to figure out how to manipulate it to get my desired result.

Please help! 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

There can be multiple ways to do this. One of the ways I can think of summarizes and union

Union data from Customer data and sales data

Add up = union(SUMMARIZE(Sales,Sales[Customer],"Col1",sum(Sales[Sales]),"Col2",Max(Sales[Date]),"Countfor dim",0),SUMMARIZE(Customer ,Customer[Customer],"Col1",0,"Col2",blank(),"Countfor Dim",COUNTROWS(Customer)) )

You Now on this table you can do the calculation to get when the last sales done , Does customer have sales etc.

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

There can be multiple ways to do this. One of the ways I can think of summarizes and union

Union data from Customer data and sales data

Add up = union(SUMMARIZE(Sales,Sales[Customer],"Col1",sum(Sales[Sales]),"Col2",Max(Sales[Date]),"Countfor dim",0),SUMMARIZE(Customer ,Customer[Customer],"Col1",0,"Col2",blank(),"Countfor Dim",COUNTROWS(Customer)) )

You Now on this table you can do the calculation to get when the last sales done , Does customer have sales etc.

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That worked! Thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.