cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
khaen Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Total Sales DAX Not Correct

I have a sample data report with just a single table of data and a slicer for Date and slicer for Custumer Name.  I am trying to show Total Sales (for all customers) for the time interval selected by the slicer.  When I change the Date slicer it changes the Total Sales number, like it should.  But when I pick a customer it also changes the Total Sales, which it should not.  I am using:

Total Sales = CALCULATE(sum(Data[Sales]),ALLEXCEPT(Data,Data[Invoice Date]))

I thought this should ignore all filters except the date?  I have a small sample file, since it seems to be data dependant.

https://curtjoa-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/khaen_joa_com/ESsJpMiKBWdMg0Lp9jndEscB4v4ICbtFXr3W2...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Total Sales DAX Not Correct

I'm wondering if you had your customers in a dimension table and based your slicer on that if your measure would work. Just ran into a similar situation with ALL in another thread.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Suspected-BUG-when-using-ALL-with-multiple-non-ignored-slic...

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV
Super User IV

I'm wondering if you had your customers in a dimension table and based your slicer on that if your measure would work. Just ran into a similar situation with ALL in another thread.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Suspected-BUG-when-using-ALL-with-multiple-non-ignored-slic...

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

khaen Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

It does work!  Seems like a strange fix, but I guess it is not the end of the world.  I also need to point all my charts to this new table, otherwise they still break the total.  But all seems to work.

khaen Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

It also is a pain for all charts.  I have one chart that show sales of each part number.  I click on a part number in there and the Total Sales is broke again, unless I create a table of part numbers and show that on the chart instead.  But it seems to work.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @khaen

Does the solution solve your problem indeed?

If so, could you kindly mark the answer as a solution so others may refer to it.

Best Regards

maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors