Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Total Not Graphed Completely

I have a table of users and their YTD revenue goals. I needed this broken out monthly so I simply took the YTD number and divided by 12. I know the sum for all users is supposed to be this by the end of the year:

1.PNG

However, when I graph the above number I get a different total:

2.PNG

A difference of 40,000. After some digging around, I discovered that it falls short on a graph because there is one user that does not have any December dates in their data:

3.PNG

I know if I wait it out and she finally gets some data for December the graph will show the full number, but is there any way I can display the full number reagrdless of this user not having December dates? If the full number displays on a card but only most of it displays on a graph, that is going to confuse people when looking. Here's what my cumulative formula looks like:

4.PNG

Which in a table looks like this:

5.PNG

So as you can see, for some reason it will return the complete total at the bottom, but not in the December number where I expected it to be.

Measure 3 is just YTD_Goal/12. There is a relationship between my date table and my main table above (date->value).

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Anonymous 

This looks like a measure totals problem. Very common. See this post about it
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376

For you case, you discovered that it falls short on a graph because there is one user that does not have any December dates in their data
Yes, it is the main problem for it.
and it should be that there is no year filed in the table visual, so it show data for this result, the different result is due to Row Context in power bi.
And I think 4482000.00 is wrong result and 4442000.00 is right result.

By the way, if you should use this formula in cumulative measure
Cumulative Quota = SUMX('Table',[Measure 3]*CALCULATE(MAX('Date'[Month])))

Regards,
Lin
Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.