Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Total Count with Selection

Hello,

I'm trying to create a table of customers, their total shipment count and an additional column to show the count of how many shipments were made with a certain priority. Priority is being filtered by a sclicer.

In my selection, I want to always keep the total count of all customers and only the third column changes based on the shipment type.

I tried having a calculated column with an IF condition on the priority or even adding the priority to the visual level filter. But this will change the values of both totals.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SabineOussi,

I could found a workaround for your issue, It's not pretty nice looking, but I guess it works 🙂

I assume that you have a reference table with your customers stored in.

I've created a new column based on a formula :

Formula.png

The formula count the number of ship (here it's a sum because I didn't create all the record),

And now, when you used if you don't select any flag type, both of the columns are the same :

Unselected.png

But as soon as you select a flag type, the "ship by customer" column stay the same when the other column is updated :

Selected.png

Hope it help you

Sébastien

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @SabineOussi

You should try the following formula in order to get your count without impacted by the selection 

MyCount = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Requête1'[id]);filter(ALL('Requête1');true()))

Hope it helps

Sébastien

Hi Sebastien,

It worked as a calculated measure, however it's giving me the overall total while I want the total by customer.

I tried countx but it did not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, could you just show us the data, and whitch one you want to be filtered by the slicer, and whitch one not?

Sebastien

Here is the data in Excel.

ttl.PNG

Shipment represents the number of shipments made.

Let's assume Flag is the value being filtered so it's in a slicer. For the sake of simplicity, it contains two value: T/F.
If T is selected, it will show the data as is, counting how many of these shipments were considered as flagged (or in my case with a certain priority I will later choose).

Your calculated field gave me the total number of shipments for all customers and the regular count worked fine for each selection. What I want is the count of each customer to still count the total and another column to count the total when filtered,

Any workaround?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SabineOussi,

I could found a workaround for your issue, It's not pretty nice looking, but I guess it works 🙂

I assume that you have a reference table with your customers stored in.

I've created a new column based on a formula :

Formula.png

The formula count the number of ship (here it's a sum because I didn't create all the record),

And now, when you used if you don't select any flag type, both of the columns are the same :

Unselected.png

But as soon as you select a flag type, the "ship by customer" column stay the same when the other column is updated :

Selected.png

Hope it help you

Sébastien

Hi @Anonymous,

The new column does its job on a condition that I modify the slicer interaction and make it None to my table in question. Since I'm only interested in one value for that particular page, the filtering will be unecessary.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.