Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tornado chart not syncing with other visuals when clicking legend

I am using the Tornado chart, very nice chart. I find the following behaviors to be bugs :

1. When you click on the legend of other visuals (like stacked bar chart, area chart, etc.), then all visuals filter accordingly except the Tornado chart.
  2. If you have more than 1 tornado chart, then they sync between them only when you click on a particular bar, again, if you click on the legend the other tornado doesn't filter.

This is the first time I see such behavior, normally all my visuals sync automatically between them, either by clicking on a value, bar, etc., or on the legend. Weird. This makes the tornado chart useless for many scenarios. Has anyone encoutered the same behavior? I am using Power BI Desktop and Report Server Aug 2018 version.

PS : Is there any other visual that could give me a an output like the Tornado chart?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

By my test with the latest verison Power BI Desktop(2.65.5313.1381), it seems that everything works as expected.

Tornado chart_.gif

Please check if you have installed the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

In addition, you could have a test with my attachment.

If you still need help, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ymsai2020

We also getting same issue. Please check and let know if any sollution.

ymsai2020_0-1600628785757.png

ymsai2020_1-1600628809766.png

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

By my test with the latest verison Power BI Desktop(2.65.5313.1381), it seems that everything works as expected.

Tornado chart_.gif

Please check if you have installed the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

In addition, you could have a test with my attachment.

If you still need help, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi. I'm trying to cross-highlighting between a Tornado Chars and a Pie chart but the visuals just filter eachother and ignores past selections.
What I've tried:
1) to change 'Edit Interantions', but no combination gives me the results I want.
2) to change The Data model but it does't appear to be the cause, simply because the 'shape map' crossfilter well despite having the same data structure of the population pyramid.

CaptureCrossHighlighting.PNG

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just installed January 2019 RS version and it seems to work OK when viewed in Power BI Desktop RS, but, when published to RS server Jan 2019 version the Tornado chart is blank.

PS : I also tried publishing the sample provided by @v-piga-msft, but the results are the same. Tornado charts that where at least visible in previous Reporting Server version (Aug 2018), are now useless in Jan 2019 version. Way to go Microsoft! 😞

Visual displayed in Power BI Reporting Server Jan 2019 versionVisual displayed in Power BI Reporting Server Jan 2019 version

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, cleared Cache on Chrome and restarted. This seems to do the trick.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.