Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tcurtis
Helper I
Helper I

Top Ten Count over 1 year wtih Top Three trending visuals

I am curious to know if something can be done.

I have a top ten visual that basically counts the occurances that a model number is consumed during a given period of time. The user selects that period of time from my date slicer. 

I would like to know if it is possible to have the top 3 or 4 of the top ten in separate visuals so you can see trending from month to month. Basically I would have a top ten chart and beside that 3 or 4 column charts showing usage from one month to the next. I would need it to change dynamically as the top ten chart changes. I can do this now with filters manually but would like for it to be automatic as the date range changes. I tried Rankx but cannot use that as a filter in the visuals for some reason. 

Whatever is number 1 in the top ten chart for a given time period would be number one in the first trending chart. Number 2 would be in the second trending chart and so on. 

5 REPLIES 5
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tcurtis ,

Create a rank measure and apply it to visual level filter for each separate visuals.

RANK = RANKX(ALLSELECTED('Table'[customer]),CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[customer])),,DESC,Skip)

test_Top Ten Count over 1 year wtih Top Three trending visuals.PNG

Sample .pbix

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I an use Rankx and get the ranking but it does not work like I want it to. I want to look at trending in each of the other charts. One big chart with my top ten occurances and three charts with the Top 1, Top 2 and Top three with trending month over month. The ranking gets messed up when I do month over month and tries to re-rank the occurances to the month they occured.

Hi @Tcurtis ,

It is very difficult to analyze without looking at the data and just by imagining. See if you can paste the images of the chart representing any sample data and expected result.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I will work on getting some data for you to look at. 

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Tcurtis 

Can you please provide a depiction (Excel mockup for example) of what you are trying to achieve?

A sample dataset would also be helpful.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.