Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SO
Helper III
Helper III

Top Score Ranking (with Filter)

Hi All,

This is building on a solution from a different forum.  Although I am applying the concept to a very different context, I am building on a question asked by @seanmcc  and a solution by @v-kelly-msft shared here https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Average-of-Top-N-values/m-p/1083398#M501682.  Sorry I didn't know how to reference.  

I'd like to show the top N marks for each player based on their highest "B" game score.  If they played the game twice and had two "B" games, the highest of these.  I will also need to slice these results based on a number of fields (e.g., Location or Server).   

Achievement Table   (Note, I placed an astrick * beside the highest to be considered)

SO_0-1617743541225.png

Overall Results 

SO_0-1617743665389.png

Result by Server 2  (if a field slicer was used)

SO_1-1617743750311.png

Result by Location ZZZ  (if a field slicer was used)

SO_2-1617743821366.png

First, our organization usese an analysis server, so table / column creation is limited to Measures / Dax.

If the same player happend to participate in the same game, we'd want to take the highest course (regardless if it was their first or second time)

Measure 1

#Maximum Scores =
var a = SUMX(GROUPBY('Achievement','Achievement'[PlayerID]), RANKX(ALLSELECTED('Achievement'),CALCULATE(SUM('Achievement'[Velocity])),,DESC,Dense))
return
IF(a<=3,MAX('Achievement'[Velocity]),0)

Measure 2

Average of top 3 = AVERAGEX(FILTER(ALL('Achievement'),'Achievement'[PlayerID]=MAX('Achievement'[PlayerID])&&'AchievementProfile'[#Maximum Scores] <>0),'AchievementProfile'[#Maximum Scores] )

I thought that I'd need to add something like:

FILTER('Achievement', Achievement[ReportPeriod] in {"1B", "2B", }

I tried placing the above in Measure 1 or Measure 2, but cannot resolve the errors. 

Also, as I can't create a seperate table to slice to different average counts, so I added the number "3" in IF(a<=3,MAX('Achievement'[Velocity]),0).  I thought about creating multiple measures, but any idea on how to recreate a table easily, that woudl be fantastic.  

Thoughts? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried to write the measure to calculate the average of Top Scores of each player's B games. But the results are different from what you have shown.

sreenathv_0-1617774831095.png

This is the measure.

AveerageOfTopBGames = 
VAR CurrentPlayer = SELECTEDVALUE(Players[PlayerID])
VAR BTable = 
    FILTER(
        ALLSELECTED(Players),
        RIGHT(Players[Attempt],1)="B" &&
        Players[PlayerID]=CurrentPlayer)
VAR AC_BTable = ADDCOLUMNS(BTable,"Grouping",Players[PlayerID]&Players[Game])
VAR AC_BTableUnique =
    FILTER(
        AC_BTable,
        VAR CurGroup = [Grouping]
        RETURN
        [Maximum Velocity (m/s)]=MAXX(FILTER(AC_BTable,[Grouping]=CurGroup),[Maximum Velocity (m/s)])
    )
RETURN
AVERAGEX(AC_BTableUnique,[Maximum Velocity (m/s)])

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried to write the measure to calculate the average of Top Scores of each player's B games. But the results are different from what you have shown.

sreenathv_0-1617774831095.png

This is the measure.

AveerageOfTopBGames = 
VAR CurrentPlayer = SELECTEDVALUE(Players[PlayerID])
VAR BTable = 
    FILTER(
        ALLSELECTED(Players),
        RIGHT(Players[Attempt],1)="B" &&
        Players[PlayerID]=CurrentPlayer)
VAR AC_BTable = ADDCOLUMNS(BTable,"Grouping",Players[PlayerID]&Players[Game])
VAR AC_BTableUnique =
    FILTER(
        AC_BTable,
        VAR CurGroup = [Grouping]
        RETURN
        [Maximum Velocity (m/s)]=MAXX(FILTER(AC_BTable,[Grouping]=CurGroup),[Maximum Velocity (m/s)])
    )
RETURN
AVERAGEX(AC_BTableUnique,[Maximum Velocity (m/s)])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.