Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

thenerv25
Frequent Visitor

Top Performer Comparison

I'm hoping to understand what would be the most efficient way to incorporate a dynamic comparison to a top performing teammate on a given measure. For example, I have a dashboard that is intended to be a 'scoreboard' for a selected employee (only viewing 1 employee's data at a time). I am showing their revenue growth on a bar chart that compares that employee's YTD and prior YTD revenue growth, but would also like to have a column that shows the top teammate YTD revenue growth to add some additional context. Is there a relatively straight forward way to do this that anyone has had success with? Thanks so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@thenerv25 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VRaQzLoF4WUswZceW9gZx5T-aqHOqHxJ/view?usp=sharing

use this file and see whether it works. Actually when you apply an external filter,

The Data gets restricted and only shows the filtered data hence other one will not show up.

Another way (if above file is not useful) To Show that value you need to create another visual Like Card and restrict the interaction so taht the card will show the Top Value

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
thenerv25
Frequent Visitor

Very helpful, thank you so much. The one hangup seems to be that the slicer on the dashboard that is used to select the employee is also seemingly limiting the employees in the ranking data set. In other words, each person that is selected becomes the #1 ranked and thus their metrics are duplicated for the top performer measure. Is there a way around this?

To make sure I translated the solution correctly, I created 2 measures and used the 2nd (RankReturn) in the visual.  Account Manager is the employee and Act YTD Activity Count is the metric i am attempting to rank on.

RANKOFEMPLOYEES = RANKX(all('DIM Account Manager'[Account Manager]),[Act YTD Activity Count],,DESC)
RankReturn = Calculate([Act YTD Activity Count], filter(all('DIM Account Manager'[Account Manager]),[RANKOFEMPLOYEES]=1))

@thenerv25 

RankReturn = Calculate([Act YTD Activity Count], filter(all('DIM Account Manager'[Account Manager]),[RANKOFEMPLOYEES]=1),Distinct(Account Manager))

Just add the highlighted one

MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

@VijayP

Unfortunately I am still getting the same outcome. I have added a couple of visuals below for 2 different employees to add clarity to the challenge. Endorsements, ARS, and RMS are just types of actions that we are doing a distinct count on. Thanks again for taking the time to help me with this.

Emp1.PNGEmp2.PNG

@thenerv25 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VRaQzLoF4WUswZceW9gZx5T-aqHOqHxJ/view?usp=sharing

use this file and see whether it works. Actually when you apply an external filter,

The Data gets restricted and only shows the filtered data hence other one will not show up.

Another way (if above file is not useful) To Show that value you need to create another visual Like Card and restrict the interaction so taht the card will show the Top Value

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@thenerv25 , Do for both YTD and prior YTD

Top 10 Rank YTD= CALCULATE([YTD],TOPN(10,all(Employee[empID]),[YTD],DESC),VALUES(Employee[empID]))

Top 10 Rank prior  YTD= CALCULATE([prior YTD],TOPN(10,all(Employee[empID]),[YTD],DESC),VALUES(Employee[empID]))

Top 1 Rank YTD= CALCULATE([YTD],TOPN(1,all(Employee[empID]),[YTD],DESC),VALUES(Employee[empID]))

Top 1 Rank prior YTD= CALCULATE([prior YTD],TOPN(1,all(Employee[empID]),[YTD],DESC),VALUES(Employee[empID]))

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@thenerv25 

Create this measure and add this to the regular Chart what you have created and this will give the context what you require
RANKOFEMPLOYEES = RANKX(all(empid),YTD,,DESC)
Return
Calculate(YTD , filter(all(empid),rankofemployee=1))

Please share your Kudoes and you can watch my Videos on www.youtube.com/perepavijay

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.