Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Junaid11
Helper V
Helper V

Top N slicer

I have a table in which I have sales based on customer and countries. I created a measure for gross sales. I want ed to see this gross sales based on country by slicing top by Top 5, 10, 20 etc countries as shown in picture. I followed below video to get it. I want to filter not only this table visual but all the visuals like in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUgROZURmrs&t=311s

I am not getting correct results.

I used below code:

Top Gross Sales = CALCULATE([Gross Sales Value],TOPN([Selected N],'Dummy Report',[Gross Sales Value],DESC,'Dummy Report'[Bill to Country ]))

When use slicer as Top 5 it still shows all the countries but there gross sales is changing. I want it to slice to show Top 5 countries wheb chosen Top 5 and similarly with Top 10.

asdsdsdsdsdsdsd.PNG
I want to slice all of them below with same format:
fassddfsdf.PNG
Kindly let me know wheher to change code or what to do? It would be very helpful.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Junaid11 here is the measure, change value Top N with the slicer value to make it dynamic

Top N Gross Sales = 
CALCULATE (
    [Gross Sales Value],
    KEEPFILTERS (
        TOPN (
            10,  --change this with the slicer selected value
            ALLSELECTED ( 'Dummy Report'[Bill to Country ] ),
            [Gross Sales Value],
            DESC
        )
    )
)

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Junaid11 here is the measure, change value Top N with the slicer value to make it dynamic

Top N Gross Sales = 
CALCULATE (
    [Gross Sales Value],
    KEEPFILTERS (
        TOPN (
            10,  --change this with the slicer selected value
            ALLSELECTED ( 'Dummy Report'[Bill to Country ] ),
            [Gross Sales Value],
            DESC
        )
    )
)

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

Top Gross Sales = CALCULATE([Gross Sales Value],TOPN([Selected N],'Dummy Report',[Gross Sales Value],DESC,'Dummy Report'[Bill to Country ]))

try this.

Top Gross Sales =
CALCULATE (
    [Gross Sales Value],
    TOPN (
        [Selected N],
        ADDCOLUMNS (
            VALUES ( 'Dummy Report'[Bill to Country ] ),
            "@Gross Sales Value", [Gross Sales Value]
        ),
        [@Gross Sales Value], DESC
    )
)

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello @vanessafvg ,
I have checked it. It is not filtering now. I am sending the file below so that you can directly have a look at it. 

Pbix File 

Thanks for responding.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Junaid11 , 

you have to create.a measure like so:

biil to country in TOPN =
var t = TOPN( ... , ...[bill to contry] )
return
if( max(...[bill to country] in t
, [your measure]
, blank()
)

Hopefully, this helps to tackle your challenge. If not create a pbix file that contains sample data but still reflects your data model (tables, realtionships, calculated columns, measures), upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link. If you are using Excel to create the sample data instead of the manual input method, share the xlsx as well. Do not forget to describe the expected outcome based on the sample data you provide.

Regard,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hello @TomMartens ,

I did not get the measure as there was some ... in it. I am attaching file. YOur response would be quite helpful.

Thanks

Pbix File 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.