Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hemantsingh
Helper V
Helper V

Top N performers in Heirachchy

Hi,

I am able to create 3 different visuals separately one each for top N performers branch wise,Distrubtor wise & retailer wise based on a certain year according to their respective sales for that year. Year is slicer for these 3 visuals.

However i am wondering if i can write a measure wherein the same can be shown through one visual with drill mode on. In other words, let different years be on the slicers & thn put the heirachcy of Branch-->Distributor-->Retailer on one single visual.

When nothing is selected on slicer, the visual must show the best N branches sales wise till date considering all historical sales present in the data & when i tries to drill/click on any one branch it should lead to its top N distributors & when i further drill/click on a distributor it must show its respective topn N retailers. 

When a year is selected on slicer, then the visual must show the best N branches sales wise for the selected year & when i tried to drill/click on any one branch it should lead to its top N distributors for that year & when i further drill/click on a distributor it must show its respective topn N retailers for that particular year. 

Is this kind of logic possible in Power BI???

Awaiting answers form community admins, moderators & suject Matter experts.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@hemantsingh

According to your description, you want to apply a TOP N filter on a hierarchy. Right?

In this secnario, you just need to apply a Visual Level TOP N filter on the lowest level field only, the parent level will take this filter as well.

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

Regards,

Hi @v-sihou-msft,

thnaks for your revert. the solution you suggested is not working. Find below the screenshot for the same. The heirarchy i took was

Branch-->Distributors-->Retailers/partycode. As you suggested i applied viusal level filter of top 10 at lowest level i.e at retailer/partycode level.

what i really wanted is the top 10 branches than subsequent top 10 distributors on clicking any of the top 10 branches & than on further clicking any of the top 10 distributors, the top 10 parties/retailers.

Any more suggestion??

Hierarchy for analysisHierarchy for analysisFilter applied at lowest levelFilter applied at lowest levelHierarchy in Visual Level FilterHierarchy in Visual Level Filter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.