Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MichaelSievers
Frequent Visitor

Top N in Matrix Visual shows different results if I structure them in two different ways

Hi, I have a problem. I like to show the To 3 Open AR Overdue Positions within a matrix visual. I have the two Filters Customers (Kunde) and Fälligkeiten (Overdues)  

If I cluster them in the matrix in a way like the first chart, I will get the top 3 and the right information concerning the overdues. 

MichaelSievers_0-1633507242363.png

If I cluster the overdues as colums, my formula will give the 3 Top overdues in each category (A nicht fällig etc.) 

MichaelSievers_1-1633507364762.png

But that is not what I want. I want that my formula only gives my the top 3 Overdues and then shows their category. So it would be the top three overdues of the customers regardless of the sub category Fälligkeiten.  

My formula is this one
Offene Posten calculates the Overdues 

Top N OP_II = calculate ([Offene Posten],KEEPFILTERS(TOPN(3,ALLSELECTED('Pseudo
KNA1 Table'),[Offene Posten])))

Has anybody an idea what could help? 

Best Regards Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MichaelSievers ,

Could you tell me if my post helps you a little? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution to make the thread closed. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Select the Overdue field in the filter pane, select TopN as the filter type, type in 3 and use the [Offene Posten] measure as the parameter in the filter

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MichaelSievers ,

Could you tell me if my post helps you a little? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution to make the thread closed. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MichaelSievers ,

Not sure about your issue.

I have built a data sample:

Eyelyn9_1-1633659686454.png

Then simply used the following formula :

Offene Posten = SUM('Table'[Value])
Top N OP_II = calculate ([Offene Posten],KEEPFILTERS(TOPN(3,ALLSELECTED('Table'),[Offene Posten])))

The final output in my side is shown below, seemed to work.

Eyelyn9_0-1633659644587.png

Please provide me with more details about your table and your expected output or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data to help us clarify your scenario.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MichaelSievers , What is expected output, please share in table format

also try

Top N OP_II = calculate ([Offene Posten],TOPN(3,ALLSELECTED('Pseudo
KNA1 Table'),[Offene Posten]), value('Pseudo
KNA1 Table'))

Not Working 😥

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.