Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Top N Within Matrix visual/table with hierarchy

Hi guys, I was wondering if there's a way to show top 10 values cascading into the next hierarchy in a matrix table? 

I know there is the Top N filter, which works in the first level of the hierarchy. However, when you go to next level of the hierarchy the filter doesn't get applied. 

Do you have any suggestions how to get around this?

Thanks,

CUR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is a blog describing Ranking with Hierarchy Drill-Down for your reference.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is a blog describing Ranking with Hierarchy Drill-Down for your reference.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi There,

I am facing an similar issue where i am trying to find out top 5 values cascading into the next hierarchy in a matrix table.

I have created their rank in a similar way but i am not sure how to get Top 5 values out of that Rank.

Can you please help by telling this after creating Rank what should we do to get Top N values?

Thanks,

Ashish

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.