Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jim123456789jim
Frequent Visitor

Top N Within Matrix Table

Hi All,

I have to display something like below and the report need to be shared in e-mail.

Start Date - 12/8/2017

Attempt - 1

Start Time - 10:15

End Time   - 12:15

Run Time   - 02:00 Hrs

Delivered   - 120

Start Date - 12/8/2017

Attempt - 6

Start Time - 12:23

End Time   - 14:33

Run Time   - 02:10 Hrs

Delivered   - 146

To display in this way, using Multi Rate card and creating a subscription to send the report in mail.

But the challenge is - The number of "Attempt" is not fixed, the total set can be 2 or 3 or 1. I designed considering only 2. So when it comes in mail, either it is having blank space (when "Attempt1") or Missing data when "Attempt" is more than 2.

Please suggest some visualization control to display in the same way or how to display data under scroll bar in email?

Hope subscription is the only way to share the Power Bi report in mail.

Cheers

Jim

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Jim123456789jim,

>>But the challenge is - The number of "Attempt" is not fixed, the total set can be 2 or 3 or 1. I designed considering only 2. So when it comes in mail, either it is having blank space (when "Attempt1") or Missing data when "Attempt" is more than 2.

You can add visual level filter on group column and switch 'filter mode' to 'topn' with value column as parameter.

1.PNG

>>Hope subscription is the only way to share the Power Bi report in mail.

Current subscription feature only support to send notice email to owner.
For your requirement, I'd like to suggest you to add rule to forward email to other users or submit an idea about improve this feature.
Reference link:

how to set up auto forwarding in outlook 2013

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

we applied TOP N after when closing power desktop and again i open power bi desktop i didn't see TOP N in filter.

can you suggest on this.

Hi @Jim123456789jim,

I'm not so sure why it appears, I test on Version: 2.52.4921.682 64-bit (November 2017) without any issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.