Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Top N Tables On Different Pages of Report Using Same Column to Filter

I have this basic data set:

NameCategoryTotals
ToddCategory A7500
BrianCategory B5000
StewartCategory B4000
ToddCategory A3000
ChelseaCategory A1500
VanessaCategory B700
StevenCategory B400
ElliotCategory A250

On Page 1, I'm doing a breakdown of everything that happened with Category A, and the same on Page 2 with Category B. I'm doing the same table for each breakdown and am doing the Top 3 values for each category, so on Page 1, I'd want this:

Category A Table:

NameValue
Todd7500
Stewart4000
Chelsea1500

And this on Page 2:

Category B Table:

NameValue
Brian5000
Todd3000
Vanessa700

Currently, when I do this on the separate pages, it's not showing the Top 3 based on the filters (Page 1 is filtered completely for Category A, Page 2 filtered completely for Category B). It's essentially showing only the top values until it gets to the other category, where it stops counting. Is there a way I can create a measure or a calculated column (preferred) that would allow me to correctly do the tables?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found the solution! It was as simple taking the Value column and, clicking on the down carrot, change the default "Sum" checkmark and change it to "Don't Summarize." It was grouping all similarly valued items together instead of displaying them separately.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found the solution! It was as simple taking the Value column and, clicking on the down carrot, change the default "Sum" checkmark and change it to "Don't Summarize." It was grouping all similarly valued items together instead of displaying them separately.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.