Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JH
Frequent Visitor

Top N Ranking in Concentration Chart

Hello,

I'm trying to create a concentration chart, ranking our customers according to their revenue. I should look somehow like this: 

Unbenannt.PNG

I need to use some sort of formula, such as: TOPN or RANKX to always have automatically the top 5 vendors pictured. I further need to filter it by Country. 

However, I can't get my head around the TOPN Formula as I keep making syntax mistakes.

The data used is the following:

Vendor_name in the vendor table

Total_revenue in the revenue table 

(both tables are correctly joined)

What I need is that the vendor_name ranks themselves according to the Total_revenue collumn. 

Can smn help me out? 

(No, I can't just use the TOP N Filter 🙂 )

Thank you!  

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi JH,

Could you give more details about your tables and measures you are using? In addtion, you said "vendor_name ranks themselves according to the Total_revenue collumn", vendor_name is a table, right? So which column do you want to rank by column [Total_revenue]? Are there some other columns should be used as category column to be group by? Please clarify more details about your expected requirement.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late answer! 

I want the different vendors name (vendor being the table, and name the measure) ranked by total revenue (Internal Revenue being the Table and Total internal revenue the measure). I do not need any extra category for now 🙂 

iu.PNG   iui.PNG

iuiu.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.