Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mherrick
Regular Visitor

Top / Bottom N & Selected

Hi I'm looking to create a chart that shows Top N, Bottom N (regardless of slicer selection) and a selected value (by a slicer) as the X-Axis. I've solved the Top and Bottom N part just fine. However, having trouble w/ the selected value portion. If I remove interactions w/ the slicer it shows all as the selected value; if I keep the filter on, it shows only selected... Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey,

thanks for sharing the data, now I understand your requirement.

Due to the time this is not a direct solution, but maybe this can give you an idea:

https://www.minceddata.info/2018/06/06/topsomething-and-all-the-rest-called-other/

If this will not help, I will take a closer look tomorrow evening - sorry for that.

Create an unrelated table that contains all the cities.

Create two tables TOPN, BOTTOMN and add the selected value from the slicer using ROW (check if the value is already in the new table, using CONTAINS(...)), then use this "new" table to map the cities to the unrelated table (used as axis for the visuals).

Hopefully this gives you an idea how to solve this

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I have to admit that I'm not fully understand your requirement.

Please create sample data, upload the resulting pbix file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link to the pbix file.

Regards

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thank you so much for responding. Please see the below link for a test file. If there's anything else I can provide, let me know!

test.pbix

Hey,

thanks for sharing the data, now I understand your requirement.

Due to the time this is not a direct solution, but maybe this can give you an idea:

https://www.minceddata.info/2018/06/06/topsomething-and-all-the-rest-called-other/

If this will not help, I will take a closer look tomorrow evening - sorry for that.

Create an unrelated table that contains all the cities.

Create two tables TOPN, BOTTOMN and add the selected value from the slicer using ROW (check if the value is already in the new table, using CONTAINS(...)), then use this "new" table to map the cities to the unrelated table (used as axis for the visuals).

Hopefully this gives you an idea how to solve this

Regards

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Got it! Working now. Thank you so, so much! 

Perfect!

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.