Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jwin2424
Resolver I
Resolver I

Top 5 Survey Results based on Yes or No answers

Hello, 

I can't seem to find out how to get the top 5 survey results to display.  As a brief example, I would like my chart to show the top five Training Topics that were relevant to the attendee. The Relevance column shows either Yes or No. When I create a chart, I can sort by highest to lowest count: 

jwin2424_0-1642205434019.png

In the example above, I have it filtered by Yes results only. 

This shows me the top count this way, but it won't let me do Top N as a filter. How do show only the top 5 training topics by the Yes answer?

Here is a sample of what my table looks like: Table Name: Survery Answers

DateTraining TopicAttendee NameJob TitleExperience LevelComfort Level of TopicDelivery MethodRelevance
1/12/2022Test SurveyJohn DoesAMSomewhat familiarVery confidentStandard WorkYes
1/12/2022Test SurveyJane DoeCSRNot at all familiarVery confidentStandard WorkYes

Thanks!

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I figured it out. I was selecting Top N under relevance (There is only two options Yes and No) and then using the value "Count of Relevance." I realized I needed to do Top N by Training Category and then the value is "Count of Relevance." 

jwin2424_0-1642615167490.png

Now it works. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jwin2424 ,

Try to create a rank measure like below and apply it to visual level filter:

Measure =
RANKX(ALL('Table'),calculate(COUNT('Table'[Relevance]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Training Topic]),'Table'[Relevance]="Yes")),,DESC,Dense)

Vlianlmsft_0-1642569384635.png

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That unfortunately does not do what I need it to. With this, I would need to select a "is greater than" or "is less than" and still doesn't yield my current top 5.

If there a reason my Top N isnt working? I filter by Top 5 couunt of relevance and I still get all 7 topics showing.

jwin2424_0-1642613058413.png

I figured it out. I was selecting Top N under relevance (There is only two options Yes and No) and then using the value "Count of Relevance." I realized I needed to do Top N by Training Category and then the value is "Count of Relevance." 

jwin2424_0-1642615167490.png

Now it works. 

jwin2424
Resolver I
Resolver I

I do not see any option to upload a file. If anyone is able to help without the file, that would be great. I just need to figure out how to get the TOP 5 survey topics that have the highest count for revelance. 

I expanded the data to show more training topics. 

jwin2424_0-1642550844616.png

When I make a matrix visual, I can filter by value "Yes" and only show the Count of Yes. Now, I want this table to ONLY show the Top 5 Training Topics. As I update my table with new topics and the top 5 changes, I would like the chart to display that. 

Here are my filters: 

jwin2424_5-1642551026342.png

As you can see, even IF I select Top N, the chart still shows all the categories and does not filter down to just the top 5. 

I cannot find how to upload the file, but my file so far just contains a single table. If anyone is able to help with the provided info, that would be awesome! Otherwise, maybe you can help me figure out how to upload the file. 

Thanks!

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share the link from where i can download your PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

There is just one table. Could you replicate the below on your desktop? 

DateTraining TopicAttendee NameJob TitleExperience LevelComfort Level of TopicDelivery MethodRelevance
1/12/2022Test SurveyJohn DoesAMSomewhat familiarVery confidentStandard WorkYes
1/12/2022Test SurveyJane DoeCSRNot at all familiarVery confidentStandard WorkYes

Hi,

Please share more rows of data and on that larger dataset, show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.