Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powerbiven
Frequent Visitor

Top 5 Manfacturers and Others And Default Products

Hi All,

In our project we have the following scenario to be solved.

As i can not post the project data here, i am replicating the scenario with adventureworksdw database.

Customer has one default product(for ex: Mountain-200 Black, 38), he is very interested in that product sales.

Now the requirement is, we should diplay Top 5 products based on sales and all others products sales should come 

in Others. if the default product(Mountain-200 Black, 38) is in TOP 5 product list then Top 5 and Others

if the default product not in Top 5 then Top 5 products, Default Product and all other products in others.

This should be displayed in Pie chart.

This should be filtered dynamically across all the other dimensions like DimDate,DimCountry, when we change the functionality also it should work.

Thanks..

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @powerbiven ,

Based on my test, you could refer to below steps:

Create a measure(rank the top 5):

Rank 1 = COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL('Table1'),ISONORAFTER('Table1'[Sales],SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Sales]))))

Create a column to filter:

Rank 1 = COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL('Table1'),ISONORAFTER('Table1'[Sales],SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Sales]))))

Result:

1.PNG

2.PNG

You could also download the pbix file to have a view.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-danhe-msft 

Please consider the default product case also, this is not just displaying Top 5 and others.

Thanks

venakt

Hi @powerbiven ,

what is your desired result? Could you please post your sample file and desired result if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-danhe-msft 

Thanks for your Reply, please find the below explation.

i am replicating my scenario with adventure works DW, please find the sample data.

https://github.com/bodempudi/CodeSnippets/blob/master/SampleData.xlsx

Now the requirement is:-

SalesByProduct.PNG

From the above picture, we can see Sales by each Product.

I am considering "Mountain-200 Silver, 46" as default product.

We need to display top 5 products sales and the remaining products sales Under others category in Pie Chart.

if the default product(Mountain-200 Silver, 46) is in TOP5 then Top 5 and Others Category.

If the default product(Mountain-200 Silver, 46) is not in TOP5 then Top 5, Defulat Product, Others.

Please find the expected output 

Expected Output.PNG

we should be able to slice this by country and by year etc.

Means, When i select a coutry, result based on the country(the output should be dynamic based on slicer selection)

Thanks

Venkat

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.