Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PPK
Frequent Visitor

Top 20% clients

Hello,

I am trying to extract the total sales amount for the top 20% clients. I am able to manage this per sales representative manually, however i would like to change the figures automatically by selecting a sales representative in a slicer.

Currently I ranked the clients using a RANKX DAX measure, then I created a measure that counts the amount of clients * 0,20 to get the rank number of the 20% best clients (separate visualisation), at last i enter this in the visual level filter of the rank measure ( is less than x ) in a table visualisation.

By doing this i am able to achieve the results I want, however it isn't efficient at all. This brings me to my question if it is possible to solve this issue with DAX? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bomman
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have done the same analysis. This link is a good starting point: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Pareto-80-20-calculation-for-items-making-up-80-of-Sales/td-...
It works fine. 
But now I am trying to implement month and year filtering and some problems emerge.

Todor

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

Just in case this could be a "temporary" solution, I use the top N filters 😛top N.png

bomman
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have done the same analysis. This link is a good starting point: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Pareto-80-20-calculation-for-items-making-up-80-of-Sales/td-...
It works fine. 
But now I am trying to implement month and year filtering and some problems emerge.

Todor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors