Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AaronGlenn10
Helper III
Helper III

Top 100 Slicer

Power BI Rock Stars:

I'm creating a report for the Top 100 restaurants based on trailing-12 month sales, and having some challenges.  I'm able to filter out the Top 100 locations within the slicer using the 'Top N' filter for Location Name & Sales, but when I select "All Locations" the resultant data is for every location in the State and not the Top 100.  [Same if I select a city, it returns data for all locations within that city instead of the 'ranked' locations].  Really appreciate your help!

AaronGlenn10_0-1646662620868.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syk
Super User
Super User

I think you need to add the filter to your visuals as well... A quick test I did with the Top N filter (notice Houston)

Syk_0-1646664707486.png

Syk_1-1646664730416.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AaronGlenn10 ,

As @Ashish_Mathur mentioned, please share more details( like Tables, expected outputs) to help us clarify your scenario or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Power BI Community

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Syk
Super User
Super User

I think you need to add the filter to your visuals as well... A quick test I did with the Top N filter (notice Houston)

Syk_0-1646664707486.png

Syk_1-1646664730416.png

Thank you @Syk -- was hoping to find a solution where the rank or Top N filter would be applied across all visuals based on what's in slicer. 

Hi,

I'd like ot help.  Please share the link from where i can download your PBI file and also show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.