Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarishRathore
Helper II
Helper II

Top 1 customers by product with sales

Hi,

I have a data model in power pivot where I wanted top  customer per product using this measure : 

Top Customer Name = Maxx(TopN (1, Summarize ( Customers, Customers[Customers Name], "Vol", [Total Volume]), [Vol], DESC ), Customers[Customers Name])

I am getting desired result but only thing is when i am putting brand in row field and the said measure in value field then i am getting result but the moment put "Total Volume" in value field then i am getting the complete volume of that particular brand against that top outlet but I want that what is volume of that brand against that top outlet. Can you please help me in this regards????

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In Rank use sub category Rank and filter for 1.

Refer filtering :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-wi...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin
Want To Learn Power BI
Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!
!! Subscribe to my youtube Channel !!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HarishRathore 

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. if the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly.thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
PaulDBrown
Super User
Super User

@HarishRathore 

You can use the RANKX function for this:

Here is my sample model

Model.JPG

The RANKX measure to rank customers by product:

RankX Customer = RANKX(ALL(Cutsomer[Customer]); [Sum Sales]; ;DESC;Dense)

Rank by product.JPG

and finally visual to only show top 1 with corresponding sales:

Top 1.JPG

Does that work?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Paul on Linkedin.

Thanks for your reply but its not proving solution where I need Number 1 customers of each product and sales of that product of that Number 1 customer.

In Rank use sub category Rank and filter for 1.

Refer filtering :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-wi...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin
Want To Learn Power BI
Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
!! Subscribe to my youtube Channel !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!