Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tootltip customization

Hi Team,

I want to display values from a categorical column which contains string values using tooltip and not the count or distinct count in bublle chart. 

How can I acheive this, would be really helpful if somebody can solve this problem.

This is how it is coming for me.

Aliasgar_zakir_0-1632890888661.png

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Ali Asgar

4 REPLIES 4
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Can you please elaborate on what you are trying to achieve or draw a simple picture to show your expected visual so it is clear on what needs to be implemented?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum
How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am creating a bubble chart where I am adding a column (categorical) in the tooltip to get more information, however, when I add the column to tooltip parameter it turns out that it shows either the count of all the items or just the count of distinct values but I want the values of that particular column and not the count of those values.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can try tooltip page -https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

Or create a measure like

concatenatex(Table, Table[Brand], ",")

and use in tooltip

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak , Thanks for the reply.

I am new to Power BI and I am not able to create a new measure from the above command, do you have another way to solve this and the tooltip page also gives the information for aggregation of data and not displaying individual values for categorical column.

Regards,

Ali Asgar

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.