Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

procyon82
Resolver I
Resolver I

Tooltips

Hi, 

Let's say I have 3 columns of data: users, sessions, and pageviews.

If I hover over one of these three columns, I want to see all three values. How does one do this as if I add all three to tooltips, it will show me duplicates (it'll show the value for the column I hover over and the three values I added in tooltips).

3 REPLIES 3
cosborn1231
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @procyon82,

Ideally in this case I would suggest 2 different things.

If you are using the clustered column chart and comparing all three columns of data against each other you could use data labels?

What I have also done is show 1 column for "Users" as an example and added tool tip for sessions and pageviews but you only show one actualy bar.

Hope you might go with one of these in the meantime.

The values are large, so data labels are not an option.

I get what you're saying about the second option, but it isn't an ideal solution.

@procyon82

Since we cannot remove the default existing tooltip, we cannot avoid the duplicates in current version now. You can vote the idea in following links to expect a n option to customize tooltip like removing a default existing tooltip.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/14823435-turn-off-tooltip-and-rem...

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7580157-tooltip-customization-on-...

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.